Welcome to the Rotary Club of Santa Paula Pumpkin Patch at Limoneira Ranch
Here at Limoneira Pumpkin Patch, we are proud to create and host Ventura County’s largest Corn MAiZE. Come find yourself navigating through acres of paths in our extensive MAiZE of corn. Fun for the whole family and guaranteed to…
Rotary’s 4-Way Test
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it bring GOODWILL and better FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Our primary objective is to give back – back to our community – and while doing so, having fun!
• Christmas Baskets: approximately 500 boxes are put together and delivered each year to needy families in the community. These “baskets” include canned goods, rice, beans, fresh fruit, toys for the children, and a frozen chicken. Funds are collected from the community to purchase some items, but most are donated. A fleet of trucks with teams of Rotarians and others from our community deliver the baskets on Christmas Eve directly to each family’s home.
• The New Teacher Welcome is a barbecue hosted by our Rotary Club in September of each school year to welcome all the new teachers to Santa Paula. This recognition event is hosted by the Wilson Family (three-generation Rotarians) at the Wilson Ranch.
• The Scholarship Fund, started by the Club in 1985, our Rotary Club awards scholarships each year to Santa Paula High School graduates ranging in value from $2,000 to $3,000 per student. The awards are given to the recipient at our annual Scholarship Recognition Dinner held each May.
• Our Christmas Stocking Program collects items for residents of our local nursing homes that are personally delivered to each individual at Christmas time.
• Annual Junior Achievement Awards recognize outstanding Santa Paula High School juniors.
• The Pumpkin Patch at Limoneira Ranch is our Club’s annual, not-for-profit fundraiser. The Pumpkin Patch is open every full weekend in October. Rotary established this a county/regional-wide event that draws thousands of children and adults each year. The setting is an historic and picturesque local ranch where pumpkins and other items are sold for Halloween and Fall events. Hay wagon rides, musical entertainment, crafts, FFA Petting Zoo, kid’s games, a Pumpkin Chucker (“trebuchet”), hay maze and hay pyramid, with food and beverages available. The main attraction at this event is our 5.5-acre Corn MAiZE. This one of the largest corn mazes in Southern California. Funds from this event support over 21 community and regional projects and other non-profit organizations in and around Santa Paula.
The Rotary Club of Santa Paula meets each Monday at noon at Flight 126 Café at the famous Santa Paula’s Airport. In 2018, we celebrated our 95 year as a Rotary Club. We are grateful for the heritage passed on to us over these. We have good fun and fellowship while doing the great humanitarian work of Rotary. The Club is part of the four-county district that includes Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and Kern Counties.